Joey @ theBabyKangaroo

This is me! This is my life!

Monday, May 01, 2006

Counting down to my Mount Kinabalu XPDC

In about 3 days plus 15hours more, I'll be on my way to visit the highest peak in Southeast Asia. Actually I should say revisiting the peak. My first encounter with the majestic mountain was way back in March 2003 where I had enjoyed my maiden trip to the 3rd largest island in the world, Borneo. Sabah, being known as the "Land Below The Wind" lies on the northern part of this island and did you know that Sabah got the name above as it lies just below the typhoon belt.

Sabah had given me many wonderful memories and what strikes me most was the friendly and laidback nature of the way local folks carried out their lives over there. Laidback and relax but not unprogressive. And as for friendliness, warmth and hospitality, at least to visiting tourists, I'd say Sabah scored high on my list. Way to go for a tourism boon factor! Isn't the Sabah government lucky to have such human factor as plus points for their tourism industry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home